lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

The weather


I really like to talk about the weather because it is something that makes all the days different. Here in Guatemala we have only to seasons, the dry season and the raining season. I prefer the dry season because we do not have to worry about the rain or about the humidity. We call the dry season summer, and it is when we like to go to the beach. On March or April, we celebrate Eastern, and it is in summer. We have a long holiday and always go to the beach with my family. This is one of the reasons why I prefer the dry season. Another favorite season for me is Christmas, and it is also in the dry season. Our dry season starts on October and it finishes on April or May. In the dry season we can make a lot of activities outside, we can go to play football, baseball or any sport.

The raining seasons starts usually on May, I really do not like this season because I have a lot a allergies related to the humidity of the raining days. On raining season there are a lot of flowers and the pollen causes me allergies too. Maybe that the reason why I do not like this season, because the weather really affects my life style, I have to take antihistaminic to avoid the allergies and sometimes it makes me a little sleepy.
I would like to visit other places where they have the four seasons, I really love the fall, I think it is beautiful because the trees change colors and they look different. This fall my parents are planning a trip to Canada and I really am happy about it because I think this season is special.
I have never seen the snow, I only have seen it on pictures, I would like to visit a place where I could play with the snow and experience this weather. My brother is studying in Canada and he told me that it looks beautiful but it is too cold. He also told me that the first time that he saw that it was snowing he was very excited about it, he wanted to go outside to play with it but after a month of having snow all days he was tired of it. It was too cold and he was wishing for the sun of Guatemala.

Guatemala it is called the country of the eternal spring, because it has flowers all time of the year, we can use almost the same kind of clothes during winter or summer, we use the same colors for both seasons, sometimes we use more colors for summers but it is not as people in other countries that have to worry about different clothes for different weather. For winter they have to use special jackets, boots and a lot of sweaters, and for summer they use very light clothing.

I think that sometimes the weather affects the way we feel, I think that people are happier in a sunny day, and when it is cloudy people likes to stay home instead of going outside.

I have read lately that the weather is changing around the world. They say that the summer is going to get warmer and the winter is going to be colder, they say that the level of the water in oceans is going to change, I hope it does not affect people living on the coast here in Guatemala because last year they had a lot of problems with floods.

Last year I listened to the news about problems caused by the weather around the world, like countries with big storms of snow or hurricanes or too much raining, and actually in United States they are having problems with the temperature because it is too hot. They are in summer right now but it appears that the temperature is hotter that other years. It appear that in Argentina, they have winter now, and it is colder than usual. These are examples of the changes of the weather.

I hope that we do not have too extreme changes in the weather of our country Guatemala, because we are used to have wonderful weather, sometimes we need to use a light jacket of sweater but it is never too cold or too hot to go outside. We all like to make activities outdoors, and our weather let us to realize this activities all around the year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario